There’s a whole range of ways you can get involved in the Group and any of the leaders or committee would pleased to talk with you if you’d like to know more.
Uniformed Section Leaders i.e. Beavers, Cubs and Scouts
- Lead activities on meeting nights
- Organise Camps and other outdoor activities
- Prepare termly activities program by week and pass to Web Master.
- Prepare Section reports for the AGM assisted by assistant Section Leaders
- Prepare parental support rotas
- Keep parents informed of planned section activities.
The Executive Committee
The Scout Group is managed by the Executive Committee which is made up of member parents, Section Leaders and the Group Scout Leader. The Committee is involved with all fundraising and social aspects of the Group and provides assistance to the Scout Leaders. There are key functions within the Committee: Chair, Group Secretary, Group Treasurer and Membership Secretary as well as positions for Committee Members. These roles are nominated each year at the AGM and any member parent is welcome to join the Committee. The only role not voted for at the AGM is that of the Chair. This role is in the gift of the Group Scout Leader to appoint.
- Represent parents of Beavers/Cubs/Scouts
- Ensure Group is run within the ‘rules’ of the Scout Association
- Ensure Group is financially solvent
- Ensure group is run to benefit the young people in the group
- Encourage participation of parents
- Keep up profile of Uniformed members in local community
- Represent local community
- Raise funds for group
- Approve use of group funds and significant expenditures
The committee meets about 4 times per year.